Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jennifer Hudson Looks Pretty in Pink

Did you see Jennifer Hudson on Oprah this past week? She looked dazzling. Not only has she lost 80 lbs on the WeightWatchers program, but her makeup was divine. To celebrate her big weight loss, I thought i'd do a tutorial on her bold look from her Oprah appearance.

oprah.com


To see my interpretation of JHud's look click here.

First of all let me say that JHud is absolutely striking. It's pretty hard to take your eyes off of her. Honestly, she was gorgeous pre weight loss, but now she's practically a model. What I loved about her visit on Oprah was how much confidence she exuded. You can definitely see how happy she is with her body and the fact that she achieved so many health goals.

Her makeup was very bright and it seemed very Spring appropriate. I actually think her makeup  was extremely reminiscent of the Barbie Loves M.A.C. collection looks. This was also very fitting because of the ridiculously long and straight wig she wore with the blunt fringe. 

Barbie loves M.A.C.

I started with a white base primer. Specifically I used NYX Eyeshadow Primer in White. For bright colors like the pink I used in this tutorial It is important to use a white eyeshadow primer if you really want the color to pop. I applied the primer from lash line to brow bone. Make sure to rub the product in well so that it doesn't crease once the shadow is applied.

From lash line to crease line I applied this pink color from a Hello Kitty inspired eyeshadow palette


Next I took an angled fluffy brush and picked up the purple color. I applied this in the outer V of the eye and applied this at the outer lash line as well.


With a fluffy blending brush I took the creamy color from the Bed Head palette called Vanilla and buffed this into the brow bone to soften up the crease line. 


...and yes, I know my Bed Head palette is really jenky! I've had it forever and I still adore it. 


Near the tear duct and outer corner of the eye, I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. I patted this in with my ring finger and then I applied the shimmery white eyeshadow from the HK palette on top of that. I also applied a touch of this shimmery color to the brow bone for an added highlight. 


After all of that blending I decided I needed to go back in and add a little more color. Remember that crazy hot pink Smashbox blush called Radiance that I mentioned in a previous post? Well, I decided to use it as an eyeshadow on the outer two-thirds of the lid. 

JHud had a ton of seductive black lashes so I used a set of thick false lashes similar to the 114 Black lashes by Ardell. You can find these at pretty much any drug store. 


To finish the eyes off, I lined the upper lash line with liquid eyeliner. I ran it thinner in the inner corner and gradually thicker as I approached the outer corner of the eye. I coated the bottom lashes with one layer of mascara, making sure to leave them separated and lengthened. I also lined the outer two-thirds of the water line with black eyeliner.

For the cheeks I used a Sebastian Blush Duo in Darling peach



For the lips I used a vibrant pink glossy lipstick from a Sephora makeup Palette. For gloss I used the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Salsa




NYX Salsa

So here is the final product...








This is a very sweet look. In one word I would call it romantic. I hope you have a chance to try this look. Leave a comment and tell me how it worked for you. 

Love Bella



No comments:

Post a Comment