Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Soft and Nude Tutorial




The lovely Lauren volunteered to be my model for this beautiful look. Lauren has amazing porcelain skin with beautiful pink undertones. She also rarely breaks out so her skin has a beautiful smooth and even texture.

I decided to try out an sultry evening look with nude and shimmery colors made popular by such socialites as the Kardashians.

If you like this look, click below to learn how I created it.


To prime Lauren's skin I used L'oreal Studio Secrets Professional Resurfacing Primer.


This stuff is honestly a really great product. Not to mention it feels like velvet on your skin.

I primed Lauren's lids with L'oreal Decrease to make sure the eyeshadow wouldn't budge.

To cover up some redness around her nose and her slight dark circles, I used M.A.C.  Studio Finish Concealer in NW20. 

M.A.C. Studio Finish Concealer

I applied this with a small synthetic concealer brush and used gentle pats around her nose and undereye area to create an illusion of completely even skin. 

Next I used Cargo Blu_Ray Pressed Powder in number 10 - Light 

10 - light

With a kabuki brush, I more or less patted this onto the T-zone area to add just a touch more coverage and eliminate shine. 

Lauren's unique porcelain skin allows her to wear highly pigmented blushes such as Smashbox' powder blush in Radiance

Radiance

This is an absolutely beautiful cheek color, and when I purchased it I had high hopes of rocking it. Unfortunately,  my own skin is far too ruddy to sport a hot pink cheek. Lauren on the other hand can wear this effortlessly. I also sculpted Lauren's already sky high cheekbones with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder

Chocolate Soleil

and YES guys and dolls this bronzer really does smell like chocolate! yum. I topped her cheeckbones with just a brush of the champagne highlight color from the E.L.F. Golden Bronzer quad

Golden

Lauren has extremely light eyebrows, so to fill them in I used NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette

Brunette

a little goes a long way with this product, and on Lauren we only used the lighter of the two shades. 

On her gorgeous blue eyes I used Too Faced Naked Eye eyeshadow collection

Naked Eye

On her entire lid I patted on "Birthday suit' from lash line to brow bone, fading as I went towards her brow.  I emphasized her crease with "Unmentionables" and  a touch of "Stiletto." I also worked "Unmentionables" into her outer lash line. In the inner third of her lid and tear duct I used "Satin Sheets." I also dabbed a bit of this color on her eyebrow bone for a sweet highlight. I used Michael Todd Gel Eyeliner in Black Ebony with a stiff eyeliner brush to create an alluring cat-eye. A few coats of Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express in Blackest Black and her eyes took over the show. 

Micheal Todd Gel Eyeliner - Black Ebony


Blackest black

Finally I finished off her sexy look with a nude lip with just a hint of pink. To achieve this look I used Michael Todd lipstick in Bone, and I lined her lips in Smashbox lip pencil in Pro. To top it off I used NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige to add plump and shine to her lips.

Bone
Pro
Beige
the final look


a close up on the eyes


If you like this look I urge you to try it for yourself. With a little tweaking it can easily be worn in the day time as well. These colors are flattering on several skin tones, not just those with fair skin like Lauren. Remember that you don't have to have to same products to complete this look because there are always alternatives. If it looks good, then it works. 

Leave a comment and tell me what you think of this look, and if you try it leave a description of your experience!

Don't be afraid to play!

Bella

(update 2/15/11)
more pics of beautiful Lauren









2 comments: